- The York Township Trustees meet the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month in the York Township Bldg. Meetings start at 7:00. These meetings are open to the public.
The Northwest Neighborhood Alliance (NNA) was formed in 2007 to educate and organize the citizens in and around York Township in Union County, Ohio.
Specifically, the NNA's goal is to educate the general public, our local community and our local officials about the health, environmental and rural quality of life effects of confined animal operations (CAFOs). This community is currently home to over 3 million laying hens. In November 2007, a corporation applied for a permit to build a new, even larger chicken CAFO in our community. Local residents joined forces to express concern about this plan and formed NNA.
- York Township Recycling is available the first Friday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the York Twp. Building
- Liberty Township Recycling is available the third Thursday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Liberty Township Community Center
- The Union County Farmers Market now has 2 locations. Marysville's market is located at Partners Park at 6th and Main Streets. It is open on Saturdays from May 21 through October 8. Hours are from 8 am to 11 am. Richwood's market is held at the Richwood Library located at 4 East Ottawa Street. The Richwood Farmers Market is open Mondays (May 23 through October 10). Hours are from 3 P.M. to 7 P.M.
- The Logan County Farmers Market opened May 5th and is open every Saturday through September at the corner of Chillicothe and Detroit Streets in Bellefontaine (across from Post Office). Hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon.